Saturday, May 06, 2006
podcast, episode 5

It's been almost a month since my last podcast, and I apologize for the delay, especially since I had such a fun time making episode 4. As some of you might have picked up from my recent postings / posting patterns, it's been a stressful time for me, perhaps one of the most stressful times in my life EVER. No exaggeration.

I can't go into details, but suffice to say, trying your hardest to be a good fulltime student teacher is a lot of hardwork. A lot of people might think being a teacher is a job that could be done by lobotomized monkey, a bag of yellow fruit, and a TV/VCR combo, but imagine this situation:

A doctor (or lawyer, if you'd like) has in his/her office 24 different clients, each with differing backgrounds, different abilities, and different problems. He has to help everyone of them, all at the same time, and some of them don't want to even be there or be helped! Now replace the word "doctor" with "teacher", office with "classroom", "clients" with "students", and maybe that gives you a snapshot of the pressure I'm under. Still... I have a great class of 2nd graders as students, and I love the little grunions. Their smiles and bright faces help sustain me, even when I feeling weak.


.:.


Anyways... the podcast! This podcast's theme was "cover songs", and I made a family-friendly, "easy listening"-type podcast. No hip-hop... sad, right? There's also a "special surprise" near the end of cast, during my last voice over. Heh heh.

You can download it directly from this link right here. (right click & save as)

The podcast is about ~35minutes long, and is 32.1mb, 128kb mono MP3.

Playlist of songs in the cast:

1 Flight 180 - Vacation (orig. Go-Gos)
2 Utada Hikaru - Fly Me To the Moon (orig. Frank Sinatra)
3 As One - I've Never Been to Me (orig. Charlene)
4 Babyface & Gwyneth Paltrow - Just My Imagination (orig. Temptations)
5 Eva Cassidy - Time After Time (orig. Cyndi Lauper)
6 Portrait - How Deep Is Your Love (orig. BeeGees)
7 Az Yet - Hard to Say I'm Sorry (orig. Chicago)
8 Frankie J. - More Than Words (orig. Extreme)

Background music:
-Densha Otoko OST - Graceful Trading
-Densha Otoko OST - Sea of Love (instrumental version)
-Densha Otoko OST - Sekai wa sore wo ai to yobundaze (bluesharp version)

If you're interested in more, check out IIStix podcasting project, or my links to my blog entries about previous casts can be found here:

-Podcast 04 - Hip-Hop Music Sampled from Movies
-Podcast 03 - Music Heard in Movies / TV / Anime / Video Games
-Podcast 02 - Miscellaneous
-Podcast 01 - Songs from Seattle Area Bands

Besides all the podcasts on moyism, I also recommend quasi-IIStix rogue agent davefonic's hilarious LUCKY cancersticks sponsored podcast and crazy country/hip-hop exploration podcast.

*EDIT* Had some problems uploading, but it's fine now.

  |


Comments:
whoa dude... uve upgraded to 128kb audio now. when it's time to take it up to 192kb? im downloading the cast right now.
 
dks> heh, yeah man... i guess there's a little bit of audiophile in me that just didn't like the way the cast sounded in 96kb. >=P
 
listened to ur cast. im digging the Charlene cover, esp since they took out the cheesy talking part from the orig. which i gotta admit, i still like. one of those guilty pleasure songs. i hope that doesnt undermine my masculinity. because ive never been to me.

u couldve been the Chinese dude in the Bee-Gees. well, if there was a Chinese dude.
 
dks>haha. Yellow BeeGees! I can see it now... me, you and you banjo, and an anonymous 3rd member?

yeah, bonus points for As One for removing the cheesy talking bit.
 
Post a Comment

in?scrip?tion (n-skrip-shun)n.
1. The act or an instance of inscribing.
2. Something, such as the wording on a coin, medal, monument, or seal, that is inscribed.
3. A short, signed message in a book or on a photograph given as a gift.
4. The usually informal dedication of an artistic work.
5. Jeremiah 31:33

the facts.
name. Gar AKA "that Chinese guy" "Sleepy.McSleeping"
ethnicity/nationality. Chinese/American, 4th gen.
location. Sea-Town, WA, USA Kawanishi, JAPAN
occupation. less-cynical poor grad student
age. younger than you think, older than you know

 



 

[contact]
UnseenGC @ AIM
(myname) @ gmail.com

 

 

[ARCHIVES]
main listing

[memories]
i - ii - iii - iv - v

  This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours? Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com Creative Commons License