Saturday, January 25, 2003
It was a long day.

I drove to church super early today, got there around 2:45pm to help set-up for the kids' carnival. Good thing I didn't have to wait for my Mom - I forgot to mention that as of this past week, that I am now mobile... yeah, a car. Normally, I'd be thrilled... after all, no having a car or a ride is one of the few things that irritates me a lot. The bad thing about West Coast living is that mass transit sucks - it's too slow, costs too much, and never goes exactly near where you want it to go. Therefore, a car is necessary.

So yeah... my car. Not a brand new car, Josh's family's old 1990 copperish Nissan Stanza. Ghetto fabulous with its 130k miles, but it runs. I have premonitions this car will be the death of me. In line with Siobhan's tradition of naming cars, mine is named "Audrey" - she may be old, but she's beautiful. The reference should be obvious.

Did I mention the car to be seems just like a guilt offering from my mother? Bah...

But I digress, the issue of car use in my family is a lengthy topic I've discussed briefly in this entry. Back to my full day at church.

The carnival was not a 'high production values' affair. Pretty much all the game booths were hand-built in one way or another by people for the kids, with the usual assortment of games - bowling, ring toss, knock over the cans, face-painting, goldfish, etc. The same games get recycled year after year, though this year, my friend (and former Maplewood-ite) Ryan constructed this crazy mini-catapult for a game. The kids had fun anyways, despite it all. Ah, to be a child and to be so easily amused... I envy them. I ran a booth with some of my kids from my high school group that was a cross between tic-tac-toe and throwing beanbags. We ran it for the whole carnival, which lasted from about 4pm - 6pm. Then there was clean-up afterwards... no big deal.

At 7:00pm, the high school youth group split into two groups. The counselors and I decided we should do some intra-gender bonding, so the girls went to Cassie's house to make/eat dessert and play games; Kenny and I were in charge of running a 3v3 basketball tournament with randomized teams for the guys. We ran half-court games, first to 11pts or 20 minute time limit, so all the guys got to play. After the tournament, there was plenty of pizza, chips, pop, and juice... plentiful food is a requisite for male happiness. All in all, things went well.

Which reminds me... I'm giving next week's message. Am I the only one who thinks it's ironic that I'm giving a message? Especially about healing?

Funny.

  |


Comments: Post a Comment

in?scrip?tion (n-skrip-shun)n.
1. The act or an instance of inscribing.
2. Something, such as the wording on a coin, medal, monument, or seal, that is inscribed.
3. A short, signed message in a book or on a photograph given as a gift.
4. The usually informal dedication of an artistic work.
5. Jeremiah 31:33

the facts.
name. Gar AKA "that Chinese guy" "Sleepy.McSleeping"
ethnicity/nationality. Chinese/American, 4th gen.
location. Sea-Town, WA, USA Kawanishi, JAPAN
occupation. less-cynical poor grad student
age. younger than you think, older than you know

 



 

[contact]
UnseenGC @ AIM
(myname) @ gmail.com

 

 

[ARCHIVES]
main listing

[memories]
i - ii - iii - iv - v

  This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours? Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com Creative Commons License