Thursday, February 16, 2006
four things

I noticed Xian had this awhile back (referred to as "the lame mechanism for humanization"), but I think I was too lazy too do it then. However, since Bekky has tagged me, I might as well participate...



.:FOUR JOBS I'VE HAD IN MY LIFE

* Warehouse shipper - I hung out with lots of interesting people, got a free workout loading and unloading freight. Plus, learned how to operate a forklift... all while 18! Wh00t
* Media Center Librarian - Did this all throughout college except my freshman year.
* Filmographer - Making movies & writing for the Wing Luke Museum was fun. I really enjoyed working in Chinatown... lunchtimes were great.
* English Teacher - It gave me the chance to live and work in Japan, so I don't have too many complaints.


.:FOUR MOVIES I CAN WATCH AGAIN AND AGAIN (hard to name only 4)

* Star Wars - My inner geek can't be denied.
* Fist of Legend - Jet Li's best film, IMO. So many awesome action scenes, including the blindfold fight with the Japanese master.
* The Godfather - Never take sides against the Family.
* Friday - Hilarious, but I also identify a lot with Ice Cube's character - no respect from his family, and crazy friends.


.:FOUR PLACES I HAVE LIVED

* Oakland, CA - Until I was 5. Ghetto fabulous.
* Seattle, WA - I lived here to be close to school when I went to UW.
* Kawanishi, Japan - Lived with a host family there.
* Renton/Kent, WA - Been here pretty much my whole life. Hopefully, that'll change someday.


.:FOUR TV SHOWS I WATCH

* LOST
* Battlestar Galactica
* BET: Rap City (The Basement)
* Cartoon Network cartoons


.:FOUR PLACES I HAVE BEEN ON VACATION

* New York - My family went here on vacation when I was in high school. I've been meaning to go back and visit.
* Brazil - I actually went there on a short-term mission, but I loved it just the same. Chillin' in the countryside, eating churrasco, and meeting interesting people.
* Japan - I took several trips while I was there to Nara, Kyoto, Hiroshima, Yokohama, and Tokyo. Interesting cities.
* Hong Kong - I went here for the first time while I was living in Japan.


.:FOUR WEBSITES I VISIT DAILY

* Google News - I like to read the news.
* Yahoo - My main e-mail is here.
* Seattle U - Now that I'm a grad student, I gotta check my e-mail here.
* enscriptchun - Not to read my own blog, but to visit the links to everyone else's pages that run along the right side.


.:FOUR OF MY FAVORITE FOODS (this was hard to narrow to 4)

* Beef Chow Fun - Such a simple dish, but I love it.
* Katsu Donburi - Fried and crispy, mmmm good.
* Dim sum - This is kinda cheating since it's many kinds of dishes, but I love them all. Pass the ha-gao and the char-siu bao!
* Fish - fried, baked, boiled... I like all kinds of fish.


.:FOUR PLACES I WOULD RATHER BE RIGHT NOW

* backpacking around Asia.
* backpacking around the Middle East.
* backpacking around the Mediterrean (Spain, Italy, Greece).
* in a house of my own.


.:FOUR THINGS THAT REMIND ME OF DEATH

* Father's Day.
* Easter.
* the number 4.
* chalk outlines.


.:FOUR THINGS THAT REMIND ME OF LOVE

* handwritten letters.
* old photographs.
* jewelry.
* jazz songs.


.:FOUR PEOPLE I'M TAGGING TO DO THIS

* anybody who reads this and wears glasses.
* anybody who reads this and is bored.
* anybody who reads this and has a blog.
* anybody who reads this and is procrastinating like me.


  |


Comments: Post a Comment

in?scrip?tion (n-skrip-shun)n.
1. The act or an instance of inscribing.
2. Something, such as the wording on a coin, medal, monument, or seal, that is inscribed.
3. A short, signed message in a book or on a photograph given as a gift.
4. The usually informal dedication of an artistic work.
5. Jeremiah 31:33

the facts.
name. Gar AKA "that Chinese guy" "Sleepy.McSleeping"
ethnicity/nationality. Chinese/American, 4th gen.
location. Sea-Town, WA, USA Kawanishi, JAPAN
occupation. less-cynical poor grad student
age. younger than you think, older than you know

 



 

[contact]
UnseenGC @ AIM
(myname) @ gmail.com

 

 

[ARCHIVES]
main listing

[memories]
i - ii - iii - iv - v

  This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours? Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com Creative Commons License