Thursday, August 18, 2005
looking for the child within





I was copying the leftover VBS pictures from my computer to CD and it got me thinking a lot about all the different reasons that I enjoy working so much with kids. I could list all the usual, cliche things like "you can make a different in their lives" and "the things you teach them they'll remember long after they've forgotten you", but I won't.

It's not that those things aren't a part of my motivation, but as I was copying the pictures I had an odd thought about a lot of the kids in the pictures:

How much I envy them and wish I could switch places with them.

Let them worry about going to graduate school, loans, paperwork, driving a car, getting married, getting old, filing taxes, sick friends, dead family... I'd gladly take a day where my biggest concerns were green or blue popsicles, what crayon to color my monster's face, finding enough LEGO blocks to build a spaceship, playing YUGIO, watching an episode of Vegitales, or running topless through the sprinkler.

sigh...

"back in the days when i was young
i'm not a kid anymore
but some days
i still wish i was a kid again..."

-Ahmad "Back in the Day" (right click + save as)

Gonna be gone for the weekend. Be back Sunday.

  |


Comments:
Good song selection. Always wanted to get a copy of the song, it's been years since I heard this song last.

What else you have hidden in your treasure of mp3?
 
ray - many many treasures, of course. at least stuff i consider golden. ;)
 
Post a Comment

in?scrip?tion (n-skrip-shun)n.
1. The act or an instance of inscribing.
2. Something, such as the wording on a coin, medal, monument, or seal, that is inscribed.
3. A short, signed message in a book or on a photograph given as a gift.
4. The usually informal dedication of an artistic work.
5. Jeremiah 31:33

the facts.
name. Gar AKA "that Chinese guy" "Sleepy.McSleeping"
ethnicity/nationality. Chinese/American, 4th gen.
location. Sea-Town, WA, USA Kawanishi, JAPAN
occupation. less-cynical poor grad student
age. younger than you think, older than you know

 



 

[contact]
UnseenGC @ AIM
(myname) @ gmail.com

 

 

[ARCHIVES]
main listing

[memories]
i - ii - iii - iv - v

  This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours? Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com Creative Commons License