Thursday, September 30, 2004
the new (kei-tai) hotness

Well, I finally gave up on my old phone and got a new keitai denwa (mobile phone). I spent almost exactly the same amount of money as I did when I bought my first phone, but of course my new baby is smaller, lighter, has more functions, and *gasp*... is more stylish?

Yep, the sexy Sony Ericson A1402S (scroll down). Oh man, my technophile consumerism is coming out... can't... resist...



A nice size comparion with my work watch and my ring. Notice the exterior color screen, IR port, camera lens, and sexy antenna-less design.




The open phone... like most phones here in Japan, it's the clamshell design to permit a nice, large, color screen. Keypad layout is typical, though you might notice at the top, it has the same scroll wheel as my old phone. Hands-down, this is the best feature in the Sony phones. It makes going through lists, text messaging, browsing, etc. so much easier.




Thickness comparison with my ring, close up of the keypad (notice the different colored buttons) and a shot of one of the menu screens.




A shot of me typing an e-mail in Japanese, with kanji predictor. Sexy.


Cellphones. I admit it, I used to be a hater. But Japan has taught me to love cellphones... I only hope I can get a phone as nice back home in the States.


.:.


In random news, I happened to watch the presidential debate this morning. Wow, I guess John Kerry does have a personality. And G-Dub Bush getting the crowd to laugh? It was entertaining, at least. Sorta.

Too bad the real joke is still American politics...

Where's Nader? =)

  |


Comments:
*drool*

-f
 
(repost)

yummy phone. *drool*

-f
 
Ichiro for president!
 
Post a Comment

in?scrip?tion (n-skrip-shun)n.
1. The act or an instance of inscribing.
2. Something, such as the wording on a coin, medal, monument, or seal, that is inscribed.
3. A short, signed message in a book or on a photograph given as a gift.
4. The usually informal dedication of an artistic work.
5. Jeremiah 31:33

the facts.
name. Gar AKA "that Chinese guy" "Sleepy.McSleeping"
ethnicity/nationality. Chinese/American, 4th gen.
location. Sea-Town, WA, USA Kawanishi, JAPAN
occupation. less-cynical poor grad student
age. younger than you think, older than you know

 



 

[contact]
UnseenGC @ AIM
(myname) @ gmail.com

 

 

[ARCHIVES]
main listing

[memories]
i - ii - iii - iv - v

  This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours? Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com Creative Commons License