Thursday, June 17, 2004
sore umi ga kitanai yo

As promised, pictures of Suma...


The beach.


Beauty (ja nai) and the Beach. haha.

Most of my students think it's funny that I enjoyed going to Suma, hence the title of today's entry (translation: that beach is dirty...)

I guess they don't know that while I like looking at the ocean... i really ain't down with swimming in it. I'm a horrible swimmer, anyways. I got a lot of bad memories of summer morning swimming lessons that my mother would force to go to... bleh.

I'm the kid they'd have to threaten and/or shove to get in the pool.


.:.


Father's day is soon.

I still don't what I'm going to do for the day, but I know I have to do something or the day will be too hard for me. There's plenty of distractions on that day - a friend's BBQ in the afternoon, an evening party with my school staff and fellow teachers, and a possible late night outing for a friend's birthday. Many distractions... but engaging in distractions is just avoiding issues that I need to face.

In many ways, my life continues to focus around my father's day. So many of things that make me who I am, from my faith, to my character, to my relationships with other people - they all reference back to it. In Murakami's Norweigian Wood, there's a great line that resonated with me...

In the midst of life, everything revolved around death.

I've been having trouble sleeping recently.

My father's passing and the absence in these past 15 years still lingers inside me. Ones parents seem to exert a metaphysical gravity on the lives of their parents and my father is no exception... the force of who he was shapes me, molds me, crushes me, and wounds me... my body is the vessel for fragmented heart.

All men are sons and sons have been shaped by their fathers. The advice I'll one day give any daughters I might have:

If you want to understand a man, understand his relationship with his father.

Three more days... I'm sure I'll still be marinating on things.

Akito and Dave also have written a little bit in relation to the holiday...


.:.


Random

-The Fakers get beatdown by Motown in 5 games. Niiiiice. I have sympathy only for GP.

-Digital Gravel is dope. I want this shirt and this shirt... hrmmm, wonder if they ship to Japan...

-Transformer therapy is still in effect.



Decepticons always got the guns... heh heh.

  |


Comments: Post a Comment

in?scrip?tion (n-skrip-shun)n.
1. The act or an instance of inscribing.
2. Something, such as the wording on a coin, medal, monument, or seal, that is inscribed.
3. A short, signed message in a book or on a photograph given as a gift.
4. The usually informal dedication of an artistic work.
5. Jeremiah 31:33

the facts.
name. Gar AKA "that Chinese guy" "Sleepy.McSleeping"
ethnicity/nationality. Chinese/American, 4th gen.
location. Sea-Town, WA, USA Kawanishi, JAPAN
occupation. less-cynical poor grad student
age. younger than you think, older than you know

 



 

[contact]
UnseenGC @ AIM
(myname) @ gmail.com

 

 

[ARCHIVES]
main listing

[memories]
i - ii - iii - iv - v

  This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours? Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com Creative Commons License