Friday, October 17, 2003



(more shots of Nara. why? 'cause they're cool...)

Well, I didn't go siteseeing like I planned this past weekend, Wednesday and Thursday. Just ran errands and pretty much chilled out, since for some reason, I felt a little bit more tired than normal.

I think I'm starting to undergo a bit of a craving for English-language media. I'm starting to consider getting a newspaper subscription, especially considering I don't have easy access to the Internet. Being the cheapskate I am, I always read the Seattle Times online back home in Seattle, but now that I'm here in Japan, and only able to drop by the internet cafe every once and awhile, I haven't been able to read as much. Hrmm.

Yeah, I'm starting to realize that I'm a bit of a media freak. Not having a newspaper, music, or television (except news) in English makes me feel a bit out of the loop. Any kind souls want to burn me a CD of the latest hits? Or just clips of Triumph, the Insult Comic dog? heh.

It was a long day at work. No stories today, but I'm sure I'll think of something. Maybe for my next entry, I'll write about the food here... yeah, food...

PS OK, my very last comment about my cellphone... I promise! But yeah... it has GPS! I can connect to the GPS system and instantly view a map of where I am in Japan... damn, that's so cool!!! I just found the feature last night while playing with my phone. (the instruction manual is all in Japanese, so it's been tough figuring out all the features)

Now if I could only figure out how my phone can cook steaks and print money...

  |


Comments: Post a Comment

in?scrip?tion (n-skrip-shun)n.
1. The act or an instance of inscribing.
2. Something, such as the wording on a coin, medal, monument, or seal, that is inscribed.
3. A short, signed message in a book or on a photograph given as a gift.
4. The usually informal dedication of an artistic work.
5. Jeremiah 31:33

the facts.
name. Gar AKA "that Chinese guy" "Sleepy.McSleeping"
ethnicity/nationality. Chinese/American, 4th gen.
location. Sea-Town, WA, USA Kawanishi, JAPAN
occupation. less-cynical poor grad student
age. younger than you think, older than you know

 



 

[contact]
UnseenGC @ AIM
(myname) @ gmail.com

 

 

[ARCHIVES]
main listing

[memories]
i - ii - iii - iv - v

  This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours? Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com Creative Commons License