Thursday, July 03, 2003
Thinking about nothing.

This morning, I recall having an odd thought as I poured myself a glass of juice and munched on a granola bar...

This is the breakfast of geezers, health nuts, and fitness wannabes.

Standing and eating in the kitchen, the house was empty and quiet, but I swear I could I still hear something in the background. A soft sound, a faint song in my ears that couldn't readily recognize or place.

Maybe it was the sound of silence. The empty ringing of things that I can only hear when I'm not busy; the clarity of solitude. Perhaps the idle mind creates the sensation that isn't there.

I don't know why I'm thinking about this right now while I'm at work. Which reminds me...

...I'm off.

Happy 4th, you pyromaniacs. Just remember it's all fun and games until you set your own house on fire.

  |


Comments: Post a Comment

in?scrip?tion (n-skrip-shun)n.
1. The act or an instance of inscribing.
2. Something, such as the wording on a coin, medal, monument, or seal, that is inscribed.
3. A short, signed message in a book or on a photograph given as a gift.
4. The usually informal dedication of an artistic work.
5. Jeremiah 31:33

the facts.
name. Gar AKA "that Chinese guy" "Sleepy.McSleeping"
ethnicity/nationality. Chinese/American, 4th gen.
location. Sea-Town, WA, USA Kawanishi, JAPAN
occupation. less-cynical poor grad student
age. younger than you think, older than you know

 



 

[contact]
UnseenGC @ AIM
(myname) @ gmail.com

 

 

[ARCHIVES]
main listing

[memories]
i - ii - iii - iv - v

  This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours? Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com Creative Commons License