Saturday, July 12, 2003
From Chinatown to home, to back to Chinatown, to back home.

A lot of traveling today... after I got off work, I had to head to Chinatown to help Ahn / Chan / Tam Industries film the Seattle Sounders game. Pretty exciting game; the only goal game near the end at the 79th minute.

After getting home, I figured I'd get to chill for a little bit so I went through my usual routine of checking the mail, checking e-mail, and calling Shiv... Shiv was busy talking to her roommates, so she said she'd give me a call later. No problem... I proceed to zone out via some old schoo' PS1 Street Fighter.

It's about this time my Mom proceeds to tell me that my sister and her switched cars, since my sister didn't want to drive her ghetto ride out to the Gorge. My Mom said OK, but finds out later that my sister's car has anti-theft CLUB locked to the wheel, so she caught a ride with a friend from work to get back home. I comment that my sister never locks the CLUB and I asked my Mom if she even tried to take it off... she gives me a dumbfounded look and says "no".

If I had spidey-sense, it would have tingled right about then.

About 5 minutes after my Mom tells me this, my sister calls to say that she's going to be home super late and that she can't pick up the car directly from Chinatown because she thought my Mom would have driven back to our house. My Mom gets heated because supposedly my sister didn't tell her about the CLUB being in the car or the fact it isn't locked. The car can't stay overnight in Chinatown; this weekend is the Chinatown street fair and a lot of normal parking is barred. Uh-oh.

Of course, guess who gets to drive my Mom all the way back to Chinatown to pick up the car... lovely. Sure, having a son around the house you like to verbally abuse is such a great thing... isn't it nice his filial piety compels him to drive you back to Chinatown in the dead of the night? Oh yeah, right around this time Shiv finally calls me back, but I have to bounce to drive my Mom.

I took a can of Coke to drink on the ride there, but I ended up not drinking it. I saw one of those homeless dudes chilling at the Dearborn freeway exit in Chinatown at 12:30AM and I decided he needed the Coke more than me, so I gave it to him.

By the time I get back home at 1:00 to call Shiv, she isn't too happy about a latenight call.

So to wrap things up, my sister still hasn't come home yet, my Mom is still heated, and my GF is grouchy. Wonderful. Note to Garrett in future live(s) / alternative realities: move to the Himalayas and live in a monastery away from women with tempers.

T-Minus 17 hours until bachelor party. T-Minus 9 days until my best friend gets married. Crazy.

  |


Comments: Post a Comment

in?scrip?tion (n-skrip-shun)n.
1. The act or an instance of inscribing.
2. Something, such as the wording on a coin, medal, monument, or seal, that is inscribed.
3. A short, signed message in a book or on a photograph given as a gift.
4. The usually informal dedication of an artistic work.
5. Jeremiah 31:33

the facts.
name. Gar AKA "that Chinese guy" "Sleepy.McSleeping"
ethnicity/nationality. Chinese/American, 4th gen.
location. Sea-Town, WA, USA Kawanishi, JAPAN
occupation. less-cynical poor grad student
age. younger than you think, older than you know

 



 

[contact]
UnseenGC @ AIM
(myname) @ gmail.com

 

 

[ARCHIVES]
main listing

[memories]
i - ii - iii - iv - v

  This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours? Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com Creative Commons License