Friday, June 06, 2003
(Thursday, June 05, 2003)
Turning a new leaf?

So all my archive page says all my old archives are gone... yet somehow they still show up on Google. But still... seeing the archive page spawn pretty much empty is a weird thing.

I've had this blog since early 2001, and it's been the receptacle for my all my angst, rambling, insight, memories, and strangeness. They say life (the journey of life) takes one across many mountains and valleys, but I'd characterize my life more as trudging across the desert, an exodus in search of my own Promised Land. Every once inawhile, I'm blessed to visit an oasis or two, but the majority of my time is spent with a harsh sun overhead and burning sand underneath my feet.

Good movies have their plots mirrored in the small things. When Luke Skywalker has a new lightsaber in Return of the Jedi, it's the symbol of the construction of a new identity and the forging of a new mission: no longer is he the rash farm boy hunting for adventure, he's a scarred Jedi seeking to protect his friends and redeem his father. In Pulp Fiction, when Sam Jackson gives up the money in his wallet, "Bad Mutha F*ck3r", it's his moment where he's consciously leaving behind his life as criminal fixated on cash to embrace somthing different.

So my archives are gone... is it a sign my life might be turning a corner? Has Garrett the cynic died to a new incarnation of himself, reforged by divine forces that still are unseen in the fog?

I think at times, I try to rationalize this upcoming decision about Japan as "no big deal" to help ease my mind. But it's not a small decision... I'm afraid maybe taking too lightly will lead me to making a bad choice. Assuming that there is a "bad" choice and a "good" choice.

/end musing.

The mundane:

So my new part time job is pretty cool. I'm writing professional e-mails, rep'n the company, and generally doing promotions-like work. Once again, the Communications degree gets a work out while my IS degree ironically is still irrelevant. Unless you consider surfing the internet and writing e-mail to be vital skill picked up while studying IS.

But yeah. It's coo. I finally get that "start-up" company experience that everybody was hyped about back in 2000.

(Wednesday, June 04, 2003)

And Wednesday disappeared...

It was a busy day, but going to the AACF Senior Sendoff as an alumni (again, haha) was a nice way to spend the evening. Damn, I feel old...


Warming up some music...


Hahaha... my homie Abe borrowed my digicam to play with it... and he took this artsy picture.


Playing with Photoshop... original pic had some weird blurring.


Another Photoshop filter for fun... this pic had strange lighting.


Riiiight... yeah...

Now for some pictures of some of the seniors and other few remaining folks I know at the good 'ol AACF. Ah... being out of college really does take one outta the loop, heh.


Mel & Gar: Beacon Hill and CBC... represent.


Chong & Gar: Future director / scriptwriting power team. Hollywood will bow down.


Evan & Steph: Hawaii > Oregon. Duh.


Jon & Gar: Gee-Fei Hong and Sifu. Man, is Jon taller than me??? Damn...<


Garett & Garrett: Like twins, but not... I got the extra R. So cool, we have to squint.


Gar & Donnie: Mutual admirers of dark-rimmed glasses & Triumph, the Insult Comic dog.

Note to self: Pick up some beginning photography books / read some FAQs on how to use all my camera's cool manual control features. I came home and although most the pics I took were aight, they lacked... how do you say?

That snazzy professional quality... the little things like lighting, color balance, focus, etc. I'm usually not anal about taking pictures, but since I blew a nice chunk of change on this new toy, it'd be a shame to not maximize all its features. It'd be like buying a brand new comp and only using to write e-mail... haha.

T minus 6 days until Japan decision.

  |


Comments: Post a Comment

in?scrip?tion (n-skrip-shun)n.
1. The act or an instance of inscribing.
2. Something, such as the wording on a coin, medal, monument, or seal, that is inscribed.
3. A short, signed message in a book or on a photograph given as a gift.
4. The usually informal dedication of an artistic work.
5. Jeremiah 31:33

the facts.
name. Gar AKA "that Chinese guy" "Sleepy.McSleeping"
ethnicity/nationality. Chinese/American, 4th gen.
location. Sea-Town, WA, USA Kawanishi, JAPAN
occupation. less-cynical poor grad student
age. younger than you think, older than you know

 



 

[contact]
UnseenGC @ AIM
(myname) @ gmail.com

 

 

[ARCHIVES]
main listing

[memories]
i - ii - iii - iv - v

  This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours? Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com Creative Commons License