Saturday, June 21, 2003
It was a Friday of much man-liness. Hoo-ah.

In the morning, my uncle took myself and my cousin Ryan to the shooting range at Chabot. I've never been there before, but I know my father used to shoot there regularly when our family lived in the BA. Anyways, it turns out my uncle is also a pistol owner, so he brought us to the range to shoot some rounds from his Glock 17and Glock 27. On a Friday morning, you figure nobody's up and out, but there was a fair amount of folks on the range. On the pistol range, we ended up next to a bunch of Asian guys - a pair of Taiwanese guys shooting brand new Walther P99s while this other guy was shooting a H&K Mark 23 (pretty much identical to everybody's favorite CT pistol from CS, the USP).

Oh and the the guy shooting his Mark 23 was bustin' .45 rounds with insane accuracy... he didn't miss the inner black ring once. In fact, there were times he had to stop firing earlier than the regular 15 minute firing period and wait for the next target change interval because he had completed taken out the middle of his target. Those .45 rounds made some big holes.

Funny... a bunch of Asian people, all shooting pistols with polymer frames. I didn't shoot very well, not a very tight spread at all... but then again, I haven't been to the shooting range since junior high and even then, I think I've shot Glocks once. It's a nice, relatively clean working gun... but I think SIG is still sexier. Maybe having handled the airsoft versions more (heh), I prefer the controls on the SIG better like the manual safety and the de-cocking lever. Glocks have a reputation for being generally un-jammable, but today we found out that cheap Russian-made bullets, with this weird coating on casings, jammed up the 17 and 27 good. You might think it has to do with the caliber of the rounds, but since we had both 9mm (for the 17) and .40 (for the 27) from the same manufacturer, we concluded the cause to be the bullets. Some other rounds we fired (with normal, uncoated brass casings) from another manufacturer were fine.

After enjoying our American right to use firearms, we all went to Fry's... man, Seattle needs a Fry's. Ryan bought some games on sale; I ended up not really getting anything but a much needed CD-RW replacement. Hopefully this one won't be fried in two years too. Maybe I just overworked my old 16x speed drive, heh.

For dinner, my uncle and I picked up some pizza and rented some movies. I saw The Transporter for the first time... it was aight. Kinda slow in the middle, and Chinese FOB girl had zero English ability, but I enjoyed the action. The dude from Snatch actually looks like he can fight.

Needed more gun battles, though...

Gun battles... mmm. Makes we wanna watch Equilibrium again. I'm still sorely tempted to buy a copy, but I've spent enough $$$ already just buying my plane ticket down here... oh well, must prioritize and be fiscally responsible. If I'm going to get to Japan, I'm own... gotta save. =P

  |


Comments: Post a Comment

in?scrip?tion (n-skrip-shun)n.
1. The act or an instance of inscribing.
2. Something, such as the wording on a coin, medal, monument, or seal, that is inscribed.
3. A short, signed message in a book or on a photograph given as a gift.
4. The usually informal dedication of an artistic work.
5. Jeremiah 31:33

the facts.
name. Gar AKA "that Chinese guy" "Sleepy.McSleeping"
ethnicity/nationality. Chinese/American, 4th gen.
location. Sea-Town, WA, USA Kawanishi, JAPAN
occupation. less-cynical poor grad student
age. younger than you think, older than you know

 



 

[contact]
UnseenGC @ AIM
(myname) @ gmail.com

 

 

[ARCHIVES]
main listing

[memories]
i - ii - iii - iv - v

  This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours? Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com Creative Commons License