Tuesday, April 22, 2003
To live in the past, to be haunted by the specters from it, is no way to live. The more we look to the past, the fuzzier and more obscure our future becomes. One cannot walk forward or know what will be in front of him when his head is turned towards the path he has already crossed.

I have to remember that I can't change the past nor can I try to alter it with things I do now. I can only move forward...

The past has no future, though we try to hold onto it with vice like grips. It's said that those who look at the past only do so when dying, as a way to affirm they had a life, lived. The irony is that the past is familiar, known. The future on the other hand is a murky thing with so much uncertainty that at times moving forward is worse than staying in the past, even if that past holds nothing for us.

I suppose this is where faith comes in, and here I am with dwindling supply of that.


Wise words from a fellow writer.

So today is the first day of my newly unemployed life. What did I do?

Yep, slept until 3:00 pm. I don't feel particularly any emotion yet about not working again, as my brain is being kept afloat by a steady rotation of new tune-age: Linkin Park's Meteroa, Talib Kweli's Quality, The Roots Phrenology, Nas God's Son, and 9th Wonder / Little Brother's God's Stepson remixes.

Music is great like that.

  |


Comments: Post a Comment

in?scrip?tion (n-skrip-shun)n.
1. The act or an instance of inscribing.
2. Something, such as the wording on a coin, medal, monument, or seal, that is inscribed.
3. A short, signed message in a book or on a photograph given as a gift.
4. The usually informal dedication of an artistic work.
5. Jeremiah 31:33

the facts.
name. Gar AKA "that Chinese guy" "Sleepy.McSleeping"
ethnicity/nationality. Chinese/American, 4th gen.
location. Sea-Town, WA, USA Kawanishi, JAPAN
occupation. less-cynical poor grad student
age. younger than you think, older than you know

 



 

[contact]
UnseenGC @ AIM
(myname) @ gmail.com

 

 

[ARCHIVES]
main listing

[memories]
i - ii - iii - iv - v

  This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours? Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com Creative Commons License