Monday, April 21, 2003
At work?

Well, I guess my job isn't finished yet... now that the projects are done with, the museum wants me to archive the rest of the footage to DVD. So once again, I'm waiting for stuff to render... wh00t.

Odd thought:

Ever notice how people's lives often follow certain cycles / patterns?

I think it has to do less with fate and more with the fact that once a person has developed a certain mindset / personality, they're prone to make the exact decisions over and over again, regardless of the consequences or even the past, because half the time, when people are faced with a quick decision, the immediacy of their circumstances often forces thoughtless decisions.

It's a readily observable reality... that guy who's always losing his temper and acting impulsively; that girl who's always gets into bad relationships with men; that guy who's always lying and cheating; etc, etc...

To the person trapped in the cycle of events, it's never clear how they started or how they can be ended. Only hindsight or the perspective of people on the outside of the cycle have any real clarity - meaning it's easy to percieve what other people's problems may be, but it's much more difficult for a person to discern their own struggles and difficulties.

I guess this relates to me in that in my current situation of purposelessness / joblessness, everyone and their mother seems to advice for me on what to do. Some of what people have to say has its merits; other pieces of advice have been totally wacked-out. To everyone else, it seems clear what I should / shouldn't do... but for myself, I feel like I'm standing a crossroads, with a thousand paths stretching outward in every direction. Each of these paths seem to fit into one group: either they are at once equally desirable and unattainable; or they are equally distasteful and readily available.

I was hoping this past season of Lent and my fasting would lend me some sort of insight into what I should do, but I find in one way or another, I'm still starving. I'm sure someday, I'll look back in this time in my life and laugh about it. But knowing things will be better someday doesn't help a lot in helping me feel better today.

Hrmph.

  |


Comments: Post a Comment

in?scrip?tion (n-skrip-shun)n.
1. The act or an instance of inscribing.
2. Something, such as the wording on a coin, medal, monument, or seal, that is inscribed.
3. A short, signed message in a book or on a photograph given as a gift.
4. The usually informal dedication of an artistic work.
5. Jeremiah 31:33

the facts.
name. Gar AKA "that Chinese guy" "Sleepy.McSleeping"
ethnicity/nationality. Chinese/American, 4th gen.
location. Sea-Town, WA, USA Kawanishi, JAPAN
occupation. less-cynical poor grad student
age. younger than you think, older than you know

 



 

[contact]
UnseenGC @ AIM
(myname) @ gmail.com

 

 

[ARCHIVES]
main listing

[memories]
i - ii - iii - iv - v

  This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours? Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com Creative Commons License