Monday, April 21, 2003
And Sunday came and gone... this is gonna be a boring daily re-cap.

Well, it was a busy day... but then again, it was Sunday and Easter.

Singing with the choir was a lot of fun... there's something powerful about singing in a large choir, where the voices seem to meld together and ring. Since the Chinese service had grown fairly large, the church had 2 services for Easter and the choir sang in both. During the offeratory, there was also a performance by the youth choir, or as Auntie Dora like to call it, the "Garrett & Under" group. I was the oldest person in the group... all the other kids were college, high school, or junior high... damn, I'm old.

After service, my mother and I met Shiv and my sister at Atlas, a nice Americana joint that's also owned by my other "American food" favorites 5-Spot and Jitterbug. I had a smoked shredded BBQ pork sandwich with fries and coleslaw... mmm.

Later, I ended up at Shiv's house, where I fell asleep for like 3 hours while she was watching a Spanish flick. I guess getting early and singing 2x made me more tired than I thought. Shiv made udon with fishballs and we watched "Black Sash"... yeah, major Russell Wong cheeeese, but surprisingly engrossing.

Got a ring from Abe that a bunch of people were going to The Ram for Mel's birthday, so I dropped by there. I was a little worried about finding a ride home (I didn't drive), but I really wanted to show up for Mel's birthday. Wasn't too hungry, so I just mothered a pint of the house's homebrewed IPA and talked with people. I thought it was funny that it turned out it was Mel's birthday, since he was the first person to tell me about 5-Spot.

Post-hangout, Dave, now rollin' in the Lam family ghetto Toyota, was nice enough to give me a lift back home. wh00t

Hrmm, work tomorrow. Fun.

  |


Comments: Post a Comment

in?scrip?tion (n-skrip-shun)n.
1. The act or an instance of inscribing.
2. Something, such as the wording on a coin, medal, monument, or seal, that is inscribed.
3. A short, signed message in a book or on a photograph given as a gift.
4. The usually informal dedication of an artistic work.
5. Jeremiah 31:33

the facts.
name. Gar AKA "that Chinese guy" "Sleepy.McSleeping"
ethnicity/nationality. Chinese/American, 4th gen.
location. Sea-Town, WA, USA Kawanishi, JAPAN
occupation. less-cynical poor grad student
age. younger than you think, older than you know

 



 

[contact]
UnseenGC @ AIM
(myname) @ gmail.com

 

 

[ARCHIVES]
main listing

[memories]
i - ii - iii - iv - v

  This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours? Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com Creative Commons License