Monday, March 10, 2003
got work?

I didn't expect to have to go work today, but I did... sorta.

I got a late night e-mail from George, the museum assistant that I'm working with for the project about going out today to film an interview. I got to the museum at 1:15pm, but it turns out our interviewee had to cancel at last minute for a family emergency.

Normally, I'd be annoyed at having to drive to Chinatown for nothing... I wasn't though. God I suppose had a way of making the trip worthwhile, as I had forgotten to give Cassie (my fellow BASIC counselor and the friend who helped me get this temp job) a flyer template this past Sunday, so since she was at the museum, I gave it to her today.

Tomorrow should be busy too... filming a tennis club and kendo practice, which almost wraps up the filming portion of the project. Then, it'll be on to hardcore editing. Wheee...

Busy busy... looks like I'll actually have to be responsible for my time this week.

I'm giving the lesson both this week and next week to the high school kiddies at BASIC, so it's time to start researching, reading, writing, and making Powerpoint slides. Luckily, the topics aren't too obscure... this week will be on the significance of Jesus washing his disciples' feet; next week will be on the significance of Jesus in the garden of Gethsemane. The more obscure the passage, the harder it is to write a lesson to communicate its significance.This past Sunday, poor Dave had to give a whole sermon in service on a passage in 1 John on "testing the spirits", and whose only "famous" verse is 1 John 4:4 .

Also, I guess the nice thing about giving a message in the fellowship setting vs. a sermon in a service is I have the freedom to be a little bit more conversational... and of course... LENGTH. I think my ideal range for these lessons is 15-20 minutes. Giving long talks is something I don't think I'll ever be good at, heh heh. =)

  |


Comments: Post a Comment

in?scrip?tion (n-skrip-shun)n.
1. The act or an instance of inscribing.
2. Something, such as the wording on a coin, medal, monument, or seal, that is inscribed.
3. A short, signed message in a book or on a photograph given as a gift.
4. The usually informal dedication of an artistic work.
5. Jeremiah 31:33

the facts.
name. Gar AKA "that Chinese guy" "Sleepy.McSleeping"
ethnicity/nationality. Chinese/American, 4th gen.
location. Sea-Town, WA, USA Kawanishi, JAPAN
occupation. less-cynical poor grad student
age. younger than you think, older than you know

 



 

[contact]
UnseenGC @ AIM
(myname) @ gmail.com

 

 

[ARCHIVES]
main listing

[memories]
i - ii - iii - iv - v

  This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours? Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com Creative Commons License