Tuesday, February 11, 2003
Borrowed from my friend Justin's blog... because if I didn't laugh, I might shed a man-tear.

"We're going to turn this team around 360 degrees." -Jason Kidd

"Are you any relation to your brother Marv?"
-Basketball player Leon Wood to announcer Steve Albert

"I can't really remember the names of the clubs that we went
to."
-Shaquille O'Neal on whether he had visited the Parthenon
during his visit to Greece.

"My sister's expecting a baby, and I don't know if I'm going to
be an uncle or an aunt."
-Chuck Nevitt , North Carolina State
basketball player, explaining to Coach Jim Valvano why he
appeared nervous at practice, 1982.

"Tom."
-Tom Nissalke, New coach of the NBA's Houston Rockets, when
asked how he pronounced his name, 1966.

"I'm going to graduate on time, no matter how long it takes."
-Senior basketball player at the University of Pittsburgh

"I want all the kids to do what I do, to look up to me. I want
all the kids to copulate me."
-Chicago Cubs outfielder Andre
Dawson on being a role model

"I lost it in the sun!" -Billy Loes, Brooklyn Dodgers Pitcher, after fumbling a
grounder.

"You guys line up alphabetically by height."-Bill Peterson, a Florida State football coach

"Men, I want you just thinking of one word all season. One word
and one word only: Super Bowl."
-Bill Peterson, football coach

"He treats us like men. He lets us wear earrings."
-Torrin Polk, University of Houston receiver, on his coach,
John Jenkins, 1991

"I don't care what the tape says. I didn't say it."
-Football coach Ray Malavasi

"I may be dumb, but I'm not stupid."
-Former football player/announcer Terry Bradshaw

"I'm not allowed to comment on lousy officiating."
-Jim Finks, New Orleans Saints G.M., when asked after a loss
what he thought of the refs, 1986

"Nobody in football should be called a genius. A genius is a
guy like Norman Einstein."
-Football commentator and former
player Joe Theismann

"I want to rush for 1,000 or 1,500 yards, whichever comes first. -New Orleans Saint RB George Rogers

  |


Comments: Post a Comment

in?scrip?tion (n-skrip-shun)n.
1. The act or an instance of inscribing.
2. Something, such as the wording on a coin, medal, monument, or seal, that is inscribed.
3. A short, signed message in a book or on a photograph given as a gift.
4. The usually informal dedication of an artistic work.
5. Jeremiah 31:33

the facts.
name. Gar AKA "that Chinese guy" "Sleepy.McSleeping"
ethnicity/nationality. Chinese/American, 4th gen.
location. Sea-Town, WA, USA Kawanishi, JAPAN
occupation. less-cynical poor grad student
age. younger than you think, older than you know

 



 

[contact]
UnseenGC @ AIM
(myname) @ gmail.com

 

 

[ARCHIVES]
main listing

[memories]
i - ii - iii - iv - v

  This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours? Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com Creative Commons License