Monday, January 06, 2003


A picture from my birthday on the 28th... I'm Mr. "I dunno how to smile" in the middle. I would say it's an Asian man thing, but being that all the Chinese, Korean, Japanese, and Vietnamese people in this picture don't have a problem doing it, I'll attribute it to a disappointing childhood. My friend Grace took the picture on her phatty new Sony Cybershot DSC-U20 - an Xmas gift from her super cool beau, Joe. Nifty.

Well, Sunday was my usual long-ish day... there was no practice for choir today, but I still had to get to church all nice and early for our first service performance. Pastor gave an interesting message on the history of the early Christian church in the book of Acts, though for some reason, the thing that stuck out the most to me from his message was a weird reference he made about the spiritual gift of tongues... hrm, more on that some other time.

After church, my mom and I met with my sister to eat lunch at this pasteria in the U-Village. It's the first time we've seen her since she left for her urban missions trip to Atlanta - she got back on Friday. The family sat around and she got to show us some pictures and tell some us some stories. Apparently, Atlanta is actually a very clean and friendly city. She also had pictures of Martin Luther King Jr's old church, his "eternal flame" memorial, and his tombstone with a reflecting pool. Interesting stuff.

I bounced over to Chong's after that to continue work on the video project around 2:30. More editing, more dubbing... wh00t. It's pretty much done, just 2 short scenes left to edit, which Chong will probably finish before the video's premiere on Wednesday.

I left his house around 7:00, racing down to the airport to get there in time to pick up Siobhan, the highlight of my day. SeaTac was a zoo - people everywhere coming back from their holiday vacations, I suppose. Luckily, I didn't have any problems finding parking or finding her at the baggage terminal - I even snagged a free luggage cart I found sitting around in the garage.

We watched TV at my house until she had to leave... she's gotta work tomorrow. For most everybody, Monday brings work, school, or both. Not me, of course...

Back to the classifieds. *Sigh*.

  |


Comments: Post a Comment

in?scrip?tion (n-skrip-shun)n.
1. The act or an instance of inscribing.
2. Something, such as the wording on a coin, medal, monument, or seal, that is inscribed.
3. A short, signed message in a book or on a photograph given as a gift.
4. The usually informal dedication of an artistic work.
5. Jeremiah 31:33

the facts.
name. Gar AKA "that Chinese guy" "Sleepy.McSleeping"
ethnicity/nationality. Chinese/American, 4th gen.
location. Sea-Town, WA, USA Kawanishi, JAPAN
occupation. less-cynical poor grad student
age. younger than you think, older than you know

 



 

[contact]
UnseenGC @ AIM
(myname) @ gmail.com

 

 

[ARCHIVES]
main listing

[memories]
i - ii - iii - iv - v

  This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours? Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com Creative Commons License