Thursday, January 16, 2003
blasted and broken, my mind burning, in flame/
between clenched teeth, screams of rage, cries of pain/
too many times I was tricked, crippled before every goal/
trying to collect the pieces of the time that you stole/
decieved myself into doing everything with passionate zeal/
only to find in the end, volunteers can't buy their own meals/
working for free, wasting time that was my own/
they call it "pro bono" because it's you getting "boned"/
maybe ministry was supposed to be a penance for my sins/
but "volunteer" on a resume, is a ticket to recycling bins/
retrospective of life, because time now affords it/
dreams reduced to shame, and I see that hope whored it/
open wounds, I thought it'd be the enemy's slash and hack/
but my blood drips only from the dagger in my back/
you called me to follow, to fight for you and I did/
but how could I forget, you took my childhood as a kid?/
my tragedies piled high and I haven't lived yet a quarter/
the lives of men runs short, their happiness: even shorter/
dodging my questions, your presence silent in the fog/
stripped of my dignity, I'm not a man, just a dog/
obedient until the end, a fool who followed/
giving all without question, until empty and hollow/
left me abandoned, as if being alone made me better/
fine, let bitterness run free, and my anger unfettered/
I curse every place, let heaven collapse and crush earth/
let even time unwind to nullify my own birth/
as hell becomes cold and the sun finally sets/
lay my ashes down in darkness, so my memory can forget/
tired of fighting and trying, all is to no avail/
bitterness is in everything, when you taste betrayal/
too weak to hate you, too proud to cry/
you made me, but didn't save me...
just let my faith die.


  |


Comments: Post a Comment

in?scrip?tion (n-skrip-shun)n.
1. The act or an instance of inscribing.
2. Something, such as the wording on a coin, medal, monument, or seal, that is inscribed.
3. A short, signed message in a book or on a photograph given as a gift.
4. The usually informal dedication of an artistic work.
5. Jeremiah 31:33

the facts.
name. Gar AKA "that Chinese guy" "Sleepy.McSleeping"
ethnicity/nationality. Chinese/American, 4th gen.
location. Sea-Town, WA, USA Kawanishi, JAPAN
occupation. less-cynical poor grad student
age. younger than you think, older than you know

 



 

[contact]
UnseenGC @ AIM
(myname) @ gmail.com

 

 

[ARCHIVES]
main listing

[memories]
i - ii - iii - iv - v

  This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours? Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com Creative Commons License