Wednesday, December 25, 2002
Keepin' a lookout...

...but no fatman in red has snuck down my chimney yet.

Well, Christmas Eve was nice. My mom made a phatty prime rib dinner with mashed potatoes and freshly baked sweet rolls. My sister is also home for the holiday, so we had ourselves a nice family dinner. After dinner we went to Christmas eve service at my sister's church, University Presbyterian.

University Presbyterian is a pretty big church - my sister tells me that it's the biggest Presbyterian church in the country, as well as enjoying the attendance of some pretty famous people like Mariner's catcher Dan Wilson. We attended the contemporary service, which was pretty impressive - a professional sounding band, a vocal ensemble... even a trio of bell players! Everything about the service seemed to be polished to the Nth degree.

I didn't hate the service, but still, I missed not being at Chinese Baptist. Even with all the flaws - the sometimes fly-by-the-seat-of-your-pants production, the recent decline in attendance - it's still home to me, my family. When I sat down inside the massive congregation at U-Pres, I couldn't help but feel like a number, like a face lost in the crowd of the wealthy yuppies who sat around me. To quote a corny line from 'Cheers', I like to be "where everybody knows my name"...

Well, time to sleep...

Merry Christmas, BLOG and everybody else... =)

  |


Comments: Post a Comment

in?scrip?tion (n-skrip-shun)n.
1. The act or an instance of inscribing.
2. Something, such as the wording on a coin, medal, monument, or seal, that is inscribed.
3. A short, signed message in a book or on a photograph given as a gift.
4. The usually informal dedication of an artistic work.
5. Jeremiah 31:33

the facts.
name. Gar AKA "that Chinese guy" "Sleepy.McSleeping"
ethnicity/nationality. Chinese/American, 4th gen.
location. Sea-Town, WA, USA Kawanishi, JAPAN
occupation. less-cynical poor grad student
age. younger than you think, older than you know

 



 

[contact]
UnseenGC @ AIM
(myname) @ gmail.com

 

 

[ARCHIVES]
main listing

[memories]
i - ii - iii - iv - v

  This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours? Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com Creative Commons License