Thursday, November 14, 2002
"Shook Ones Pt II" by Mobb Deep
A Short Interpretive Dissertation by G. G. Chan, PHD (PlayaHaterDegree)

[Prodigy]
I got you stuck off the realness, we be the infamous
you heard of us
official Queensbridge murderers
the Mobb comes equipped with warfare, beware
of my crime family who got nuff shots to share
for all of those who wanna profile and pose
rock you in your face, stab your brain wit' your nosebone


The stark reality of my music has your attention. Our reputation proceeds us and you are aware of our existence as representatives of Queenbridge. We are armed, so I advise you to be cautious of my felonious associates who eager to use their firearms. Any individuals who act pretentious can expect to be attacked in the face and have their shattered bone matter penetrate their brain.

you all alone in these streets, cousin
every man for theirself in this land we be gunnin'
and keep them shook crews runnin'
like they supposed to
they come around but they never come close to
I can see it inside your face
you're in the wrong place
cowards like you just get they're whole body laced up
with bullet holes and such,
speak the wrong words man and you will get touched


You are without aid in this urban area, where individuals are self-serving. Those who are fearful of us are kept constantly fleeing for their lives. They attempt to compete with us, but their efforts fall short. As I look at you, I can sense your apprehension at the error of your current geographic location. People who lack bravery such as yourself frequently find their physical person violated by exit wounds from firearms. Err in your speech and you will be shot.

you can put your whole army against my team and
I guarantee you it'll be your very last time breathin'
your simple words just don't move me
you're minor, we're major
you all up in the game and don't deserve to be a player


You may attempt to use your allies to engage my associates, but I promise that choosing that course of action will end your ability to respirate. Your unsophiscated threats fail to effect me. You are inferior, we are superior. In this contest, you are not even competition.

don't make me have to call your name out
your crew is featherweight
my gunshots'll make you levitate
I'm only nineteen but my mind is old
and when the things get for real my warm heart turns cold
another n*gga deceased, another story gets told


Do not force me to formally identify you. Your associates lack power. Being struck by my firearm's projectiles will cause your body to leave the ground. My physical age is only 19, but mentally, I am experienced beyond my years. In serious situations, I exhibit a callous emotional state. Another person dies, another tale is born for me to repeat in my raps.

it ain't nothin' really
hey, yo dun spark the Phillie
so I can get my mind off these yellowbacked n*ggas
why they still alive I don't know, go figure
meanwhile back in Queens the realness is foundation
if I die I couldn't choose a better location
when the slugs penetrate you feel a burning sensation
getting closer to God in a tight situation
now, take these words home and think it through
or the next rhyme I write might be about you


This is all trivial. Friend, I suggest you light a marijuana joint to aid me in not further contemplating these cowardly people, for I fail to understand how they continue to exist. Meanwhile, back in Queens, serious situations are a way of life. If I were to perish there, I would be content. When struck by bullets, the pain can cause anybody to seek divine help from the deity. Contemplate what I say as you return to your place of residence. If do not choose to leave, it is possible the next piece of writing I compose about violence and death will have you as its subject.

[Chorus]:
Son, they shook...
'cause ain't no such things as halfway crooks
scared to death, scared to look
they shook
'cause ain't no such things as halfway crooks
scared to death, scared to look

livin' the life that of diamonds and guns
there's numerous ways you can choose to earn funds...
some of 'em get shot, locked down and turn nuns
cowardly hearts and straight up shook ones...shook ones
he ain't a crook, son... he's just a shook one...shook one


Friend, they're paralyzed by fear, and it is impossible for half-hearted criminals to truly exist. They're frightened to death, frightened of even making eye contact. In a career that involves riches and firearms, that are many possible avenues toward making money. Some people however get shot, incarcerated, or end up as nothing. Others lack courage and in the end, are just frightened. He's not a hardened criminal, friend.., just somebody who is paralyzed by fear.

---

I guess 8 Mile has me thinking about the song, one of my all time favorites... hahaha. Like I mentioned before, it's at the beginning of the movie and the backbeat is used by Eminem for his climatic freestyle battle about his crappy life.

Who says hip-hop is hard to understand? heh

  |


Comments: Post a Comment

in?scrip?tion (n-skrip-shun)n.
1. The act or an instance of inscribing.
2. Something, such as the wording on a coin, medal, monument, or seal, that is inscribed.
3. A short, signed message in a book or on a photograph given as a gift.
4. The usually informal dedication of an artistic work.
5. Jeremiah 31:33

the facts.
name. Gar AKA "that Chinese guy" "Sleepy.McSleeping"
ethnicity/nationality. Chinese/American, 4th gen.
location. Sea-Town, WA, USA Kawanishi, JAPAN
occupation. less-cynical poor grad student
age. younger than you think, older than you know

 



 

[contact]
UnseenGC @ AIM
(myname) @ gmail.com

 

 

[ARCHIVES]
main listing

[memories]
i - ii - iii - iv - v

  This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours? Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com Creative Commons License