Thursday, November 28, 2002
Happy Thanksgiving...

In a season in my life where I'm tempted to be ungrateful (a temptation I sadly succumb to quite often these days), the better part of me is reminded that part of enjoying this life is being thankful.

So in no particular order, off the top of near hair-less noggin, I'm thankful for:

-my Creator, my Savior, His character, and His friendship

-being born into a Christian family, with parents whose lives mirrored what they believed without hypocrisy

-having a father who modeled for me that a real man is a man of faith, a person filled with compassion for the weak, and someone who is unafraid to defend what is right

-being born into a family who was never ashamed of being ethnically Chinese, while culturally being Chinese American

-growing up with friends who are as close as the brothers I never had but always wished for

-having a best friend in my life who sees my faults and the ugliness inside, and yet, still chooses to love me and lets me love her... even without me being able to dance

-my church family, all the uncles, aunties, brothers, and sisters I could ever want

-living in the most prosperous, richest country on Earth today

-being able to attend and graduate college on a full scholarship

-my health and that I can walk in rain or sun

-the air I breathe, the water I drink, and the food I eat is clean relative to what others must endure

-the gift of music, being able to enjoy the sound of another person's voice and the funky sounds of instruments

-the gift of eating, the pleasure of being able to taste my cereal, a piece of steamed fish, fine Asian cuisine... or just a cold glass of OJ

-the gift of laughter, and the ability to laugh at myself


I guess I have more to be thankful for than I thought... ^_^

  |


Comments: Post a Comment

in?scrip?tion (n-skrip-shun)n.
1. The act or an instance of inscribing.
2. Something, such as the wording on a coin, medal, monument, or seal, that is inscribed.
3. A short, signed message in a book or on a photograph given as a gift.
4. The usually informal dedication of an artistic work.
5. Jeremiah 31:33

the facts.
name. Gar AKA "that Chinese guy" "Sleepy.McSleeping"
ethnicity/nationality. Chinese/American, 4th gen.
location. Sea-Town, WA, USA Kawanishi, JAPAN
occupation. less-cynical poor grad student
age. younger than you think, older than you know

 



 

[contact]
UnseenGC @ AIM
(myname) @ gmail.com

 

 

[ARCHIVES]
main listing

[memories]
i - ii - iii - iv - v

  This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours? Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com Creative Commons License