Tuesday, November 19, 2002
An excerpt from my friend Justin tearing up the mic... read the rest here.

I never meant to worry my family, I was trying to identify/
With the blood in me that I ignored and had always set aside/
Internal genocide resulting from struggling to indemnify/
The ignorance of my Korean blood on which I still survive/
For a time I vowed to not be seen with Caucasian relatives/
Blindness to my own roots led to many nights of restlessness/
Confused by AZN Pryde and other senseless propaganda/
Clung to anything Asian to close in on what I was after/
But for ingratiating a group of Vietnamese that was emaciated/
I was laughed at, spat on and utterly humiliated/
"Fake Asian," "Slim Shady," "Twinkie" and other epithets/
All from the mouths of kids who couldn�t even compose sentences/
Yet for not being "Asian enough," I�m still hated for my features/
Intimidated and shitted on by racist demeanors/
The closet white supremacists won�t befriend anyone foreign/
And the politics aren�t favoring me but are actually ignoring/
Trapped in a paradox, too internally white to be Asian/
Trapped in a paradox, too externally yellow to be Caucasian

  |


Comments: Post a Comment

in?scrip?tion (n-skrip-shun)n.
1. The act or an instance of inscribing.
2. Something, such as the wording on a coin, medal, monument, or seal, that is inscribed.
3. A short, signed message in a book or on a photograph given as a gift.
4. The usually informal dedication of an artistic work.
5. Jeremiah 31:33

the facts.
name. Gar AKA "that Chinese guy" "Sleepy.McSleeping"
ethnicity/nationality. Chinese/American, 4th gen.
location. Sea-Town, WA, USA Kawanishi, JAPAN
occupation. less-cynical poor grad student
age. younger than you think, older than you know

 



 

[contact]
UnseenGC @ AIM
(myname) @ gmail.com

 

 

[ARCHIVES]
main listing

[memories]
i - ii - iii - iv - v

  This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours? Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com Creative Commons License