Friday, September 27, 2002

welcome to the wasteland of myself where I reside/
a heart full of hunger gnaws from the inside/
a longing whose description can only be incessant/
craving not food but vindication of my essence/
like Lifehouse, I'm here "Hanging By A Moment"/
I'm fighting 10 rounds and faithlessness is my opponent/
stuck without a buck, my friends tell me I want a job/
but more than employment, I'm just waiting for God/
though He's close, somehow we've become distant/
am I to search now as a test of personal persistence?/
fatherless since 10, I struggled to never be a quitter/
but without you Lord, like Mara I'll be bitter/
living in a world where men such as I are just fools/
devoid of your grace, I'm raging more than any bull/
grant me perspective, and the means to live simply with/
for my request is to be neither poor nor rich/
this world's corrupted by money and this truth:/
most of the richest, in their pride forget you/
give me just enough, to care for myself and my own/
more than money, give me purpose; glory for your throne/
my earnest desire is to know only where I should go/
cover my weakness, show me where I must grow/
give me your compassion, tell me how to stop the violence/
yet I sit without answers, left to contemplate silence/
but here I wait in expectation, searching my soul/
they say things happen in your time...

...or so I've been told.

  |


Comments: Post a Comment

in?scrip?tion (n-skrip-shun)n.
1. The act or an instance of inscribing.
2. Something, such as the wording on a coin, medal, monument, or seal, that is inscribed.
3. A short, signed message in a book or on a photograph given as a gift.
4. The usually informal dedication of an artistic work.
5. Jeremiah 31:33

the facts.
name. Gar AKA "that Chinese guy" "Sleepy.McSleeping"
ethnicity/nationality. Chinese/American, 4th gen.
location. Sea-Town, WA, USA Kawanishi, JAPAN
occupation. less-cynical poor grad student
age. younger than you think, older than you know

 



 

[contact]
UnseenGC @ AIM
(myname) @ gmail.com

 

 

[ARCHIVES]
main listing

[memories]
i - ii - iii - iv - v

  This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours? Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com Creative Commons License