Sunday, September 01, 2002
tech support!!!

I finally saw "Vanilla Sky" Sunday night... I rented it with Josh, Val, and Shiv after we got bored playing cutthroat Uno, hahaha. Shiv and I were kindly invited to eat with Josh's family in celebration of Labor Day, so far be it for me to refuse a homecooked barbeque of steak, chicken wings, fish, corn, and homemade apple pie. Yum.

Speaking of eating, did I mention I also went to Vancouver, BC to eat 'all you can eat' sushi at Granville Sushi? Good stuff, especially for the price of about $18 Canadian = $12 US. My only gripes were the lack of two of my favorite kinds of sushi... Unagi (eel) and Tamago (egg). I did eat a ton of Toro (tuna), Sake (salmon), and Hamachi (yellowtail) though...

Anyways, back to "Vanilla Sky"... I liked this movie a lot. And I don't even like Tom Cruise that much as an actor. Easily Tom Cruise's best movie, next to "A Few Good Men". I don't want to give away the plot too much, but if you liked the philosophical questions posed by "Memento" and "The Matrix"... you'll like this movie. Some of the same themes like human reality, truth, happiness, and dreams... it's in "Vanilla Sky".

open your eyes... open your eyes...

  |


Comments: Post a Comment

in?scrip?tion (n-skrip-shun)n.
1. The act or an instance of inscribing.
2. Something, such as the wording on a coin, medal, monument, or seal, that is inscribed.
3. A short, signed message in a book or on a photograph given as a gift.
4. The usually informal dedication of an artistic work.
5. Jeremiah 31:33

the facts.
name. Gar AKA "that Chinese guy" "Sleepy.McSleeping"
ethnicity/nationality. Chinese/American, 4th gen.
location. Sea-Town, WA, USA Kawanishi, JAPAN
occupation. less-cynical poor grad student
age. younger than you think, older than you know

 



 

[contact]
UnseenGC @ AIM
(myname) @ gmail.com

 

 

[ARCHIVES]
main listing

[memories]
i - ii - iii - iv - v

  This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours? Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com Creative Commons License