Thursday, September 19, 2002
Return of the fanatical asiatic guerilla media assassins...

Though it's early Thursday, Wednesday seemed to pass by extremely quickly. I spent most of the day trying to lend my humble help to my friend Chong putting together another video project for UDub AACF. The idea of this particular project is a music video spoof, borrowing a lot of ideas from Lifehouse's "Breathing", except we're using the song "Waiting" by Jake.

I don't think I liked the song very much when I first heard it, because it sounded waaaaay too pop rock-ish to me, but the song is starting to grow on me (or maybe I'm listening to it too much, hahaha). I think the lyrics are what is getting me to appreciate the song, even if the sound doesn't immediately jive with me.

Of course, on the subject of waiting... another thing close to my heart. It seems lately all I can are the things that have passed over me all my life and gone to others. I've sucked it up as much as anybody, probably even more than your normal person. I think I need to be surrounded by less affluence, so I learn some gratitude for the real things in life... but enduring hardship, whether real or percieved, can be tiring after awhile.

Still waiting...

"Waiting" by Jake

I don't know how to find You
But I need You now
You come and go, it seems
So far away
You hide Your face from me
Where do You go when I am hungry like a child?
For the eyes of a Father smiling down
I want to know You love me...

I am waiting for You
I am waiting here tonight
I am praying for my eyes
to see the light

I don't feel strong enough
To lift my hands to You
But I have tasted Your life
And that's how I know
I am tired of mine
It's only You that I am longing for tonight
I want You to take me from this place
I want You to lift me hands up high

I am waiting for You
I am waiting here tonight
I am falling on my knees
I can't find You

I am ready for You
I am ready for Your touch
I am praying for my eyes
to see the light

(�2000 Wheat Sheaf Music/New Spring Publishing, Inc./ASCAP)


To give the song a listen, grab it here.

  |


Comments: Post a Comment

in?scrip?tion (n-skrip-shun)n.
1. The act or an instance of inscribing.
2. Something, such as the wording on a coin, medal, monument, or seal, that is inscribed.
3. A short, signed message in a book or on a photograph given as a gift.
4. The usually informal dedication of an artistic work.
5. Jeremiah 31:33

the facts.
name. Gar AKA "that Chinese guy" "Sleepy.McSleeping"
ethnicity/nationality. Chinese/American, 4th gen.
location. Sea-Town, WA, USA Kawanishi, JAPAN
occupation. less-cynical poor grad student
age. younger than you think, older than you know

 



 

[contact]
UnseenGC @ AIM
(myname) @ gmail.com

 

 

[ARCHIVES]
main listing

[memories]
i - ii - iii - iv - v

  This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours? Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com Creative Commons License