Tuesday, September 17, 2002
Of job offers and such...

I just got off the phone talking over a possible job with a friend of the family. The good news: in all likelihood, the job is mine if I want it. The bad news: the job entails a lot of what I hate in a job. The job is working in an accounting department doing accounts payable, hacking out data entry, writing checks, counting cash, and depositing payments to other companies. Oh yeah, and physical inventory counts on weekends during the beginning of the month. Basically, it calls for being detail-oriented, meticulous, the ability to work fast while handling a lot of different tasks, and a large time committment. Bah.

Of course, the question now is more whether or not despite my reservations, this job is the best for me at this time. Beggars can't be choosers, but if I take something I know in advance that I'll hate, doing something I have no fondness for doing simply because I need the money... I wonder if it shows a lack of faith on my part that God will provide a job for me that is right for me. Of course, the opposing argument itself is quite reasonable... on occasion I also believe God calls us to do things for the greater good that we ourselves might find personally distasteful...

Hmmm.

  |


Comments: Post a Comment

in?scrip?tion (n-skrip-shun)n.
1. The act or an instance of inscribing.
2. Something, such as the wording on a coin, medal, monument, or seal, that is inscribed.
3. A short, signed message in a book or on a photograph given as a gift.
4. The usually informal dedication of an artistic work.
5. Jeremiah 31:33

the facts.
name. Gar AKA "that Chinese guy" "Sleepy.McSleeping"
ethnicity/nationality. Chinese/American, 4th gen.
location. Sea-Town, WA, USA Kawanishi, JAPAN
occupation. less-cynical poor grad student
age. younger than you think, older than you know

 



 

[contact]
UnseenGC @ AIM
(myname) @ gmail.com

 

 

[ARCHIVES]
main listing

[memories]
i - ii - iii - iv - v

  This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours? Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com Creative Commons License