Wednesday, September 04, 2002
Click click click...

Well, I've taken advantage of my return to broadband by spending buckets of time playing WC3. So now I find once again stuck in the vicious cycle of competitiveness that all men are cursed with it in some way or another...

Just one more game... I can't believe I lost... I should have expanded earlier... built more melee troops... my last game can't be a loss... gotta play one more...

Hahaha. It's all so insidious...

Speaking of insidious, I also spent some time today browsing the online classifieds for a jobby-job. One particular site of note was one a friend mentioned to me that I'd should check out... to protect innocent, I will not name the site... but supposedly it was a "Christian employment" site where Christians can look up job listings posted by Christian non-profit organizations, businesses, and churches. Sounds good right?

To make a long story short, when I tried to browse the job listings... up pop this window saying I have to subscribe from a set of possible "payment plans" to access the vital information. Now, I'm not against a fellow believer charging greenbacks for a service since they got to eat to, but the cost listed... seemed a bit... well... excessive. Not only that, but specifically, the site offers NO guarantees upon paying the fees, that the listings are 100% accurate and that you'll find a job. What's up with that, huh? It all seemed a bit shady... nothing worst than people claiming to be "Christian" and then trying to rob honest folks like myself. Wackness.

Reminds of this...

Matthew 21:12-13

Cleansing the Temple

And Jesus entered the temple and drove out all those who were buying and selling in the temple, and overturned the tables of the money changers and the seats of those who were selling doves. And He said to them, "It is written, 'MY HOUSE SHALL BE CALLED A HOUSE OF PRAYER'; but you are making it a ROBBERS' DEN."


Hmmm, I got an idea for the next "minority career fair" I go to... haha

  |


Comments: Post a Comment

in?scrip?tion (n-skrip-shun)n.
1. The act or an instance of inscribing.
2. Something, such as the wording on a coin, medal, monument, or seal, that is inscribed.
3. A short, signed message in a book or on a photograph given as a gift.
4. The usually informal dedication of an artistic work.
5. Jeremiah 31:33

the facts.
name. Gar AKA "that Chinese guy" "Sleepy.McSleeping"
ethnicity/nationality. Chinese/American, 4th gen.
location. Sea-Town, WA, USA Kawanishi, JAPAN
occupation. less-cynical poor grad student
age. younger than you think, older than you know

 



 

[contact]
UnseenGC @ AIM
(myname) @ gmail.com

 

 

[ARCHIVES]
main listing

[memories]
i - ii - iii - iv - v

  This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours? Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com Creative Commons License