Saturday, September 07, 2002
Back to where it started...

This Saturday was my first meeting as a counselor at my church's high school fellowship group. Surprisingly, I wasn't very apprehensive about the meeting or even getting to know the kids... instead I found myself reminiscing a bit about my years in BASIC, especially that senior year in high school where God worked some small miracles in my life. I suppose I find my calling to work with the high school kids at my church a bit odd, considering how much I hated high school. I was never popular, never talkative, never overtly athletic, or definitely never beautiful... nope, I was the classic bitter loner, who wrapped up in his own angst and intellectuality, despised most of his peers and life in the fishpond called high school.

It is with some irony that I consider that now, it my role in this ministry to help guide the kids through the minefield of adolescent high school life. God definitely has a sense of humor.

Oh yeah, the freshmen initiation was hilarious. It's too complicated to explain in writing, but suffice to say it involved 5 cardboard boxes, 2 tables, a tablecloth with a strategically cut hole, and my apparently-disembodied head making the most gargoyle-esque face possible.

BOO! >=D

  |


Comments: Post a Comment

in?scrip?tion (n-skrip-shun)n.
1. The act or an instance of inscribing.
2. Something, such as the wording on a coin, medal, monument, or seal, that is inscribed.
3. A short, signed message in a book or on a photograph given as a gift.
4. The usually informal dedication of an artistic work.
5. Jeremiah 31:33

the facts.
name. Gar AKA "that Chinese guy" "Sleepy.McSleeping"
ethnicity/nationality. Chinese/American, 4th gen.
location. Sea-Town, WA, USA Kawanishi, JAPAN
occupation. less-cynical poor grad student
age. younger than you think, older than you know

 



 

[contact]
UnseenGC @ AIM
(myname) @ gmail.com

 

 

[ARCHIVES]
main listing

[memories]
i - ii - iii - iv - v

  This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours? Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com Creative Commons License