Sunday, August 04, 2002
We are family...

Well, my Uncle Ron and Auntie Laura are in town still with my cousin Kristina, college shopping and taking in the sights. I got to take Kristina away from the mom-madness that is the combined might of my mother and Auntie Laura to a barbeque at Kristie-K's house. The long ride up proved to be cool, as I got to talk with Kristina just about life and her plans for the future. My cousin wants to go into industrial design, which I think is cool. My mom would always remark to me how her side of the family, the Lee side, has always had an artistic bent... apparently my grandfather excelled in calligraphy and sculpting.

One story I remember her telling is that supposedly during the war, my grandpa got drafted and was stationed up in the Aleutian Islands of Alaska. It was nice assignment in that he didn't have to face much in the way of danger, so he had a lot of spare time. Apparently, he got his hands on some sort of walrus tusk/bone and he carved the thing into a statue of a beautiful woman, bringing it home to my po-po (grandma) as a gift. I wonder if it's true... I guess the next time I visit Unk, maybe I'll go hunting for it in Po-Po's old stuff.

Anyways, it's nice to have family visiting for a reason other than a funeral. Going to 3 in the span on 3 months makes one not want to do that for awhile.

  |


Comments: Post a Comment

in?scrip?tion (n-skrip-shun)n.
1. The act or an instance of inscribing.
2. Something, such as the wording on a coin, medal, monument, or seal, that is inscribed.
3. A short, signed message in a book or on a photograph given as a gift.
4. The usually informal dedication of an artistic work.
5. Jeremiah 31:33

the facts.
name. Gar AKA "that Chinese guy" "Sleepy.McSleeping"
ethnicity/nationality. Chinese/American, 4th gen.
location. Sea-Town, WA, USA Kawanishi, JAPAN
occupation. less-cynical poor grad student
age. younger than you think, older than you know

 



 

[contact]
UnseenGC @ AIM
(myname) @ gmail.com

 

 

[ARCHIVES]
main listing

[memories]
i - ii - iii - iv - v

  This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours? Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com Creative Commons License