Saturday, June 22, 2002
Barbeque-age...

Today (well, technically yesterday, Friday) I went to Jason's graduation barbeque back in 'ol Carriagewood. I actually drove down a bit early so I could relax at my house for a bit and take care of some errands, like giving Mr. Darcy a ghetto carwash. At about 5:15, I went to his place thinking I was a little late, but most of the people ended up not coming over to his house until like 6:30-7:00-ish. Turns out that the directions from MapQuest were wrong a bunch of people got lost... at least most of the people who didn't know Jason back in the days of high school/junior high, heh. I got to see a couple of folks I haven't seen in awhile, fellas I haven't hung out with high school. Also, a bunch of friends from the old Korean Star-crack posse were there, like Ben and Joe, as well as usual suspects Ju and Kian. Ton of people from Cornerstone were there too, so I'm glad to see Jason's getting more involved in a church. I'm sure Amy had no small part in that, which is coo. All in all a good celebration... Jason's parents made a ton of food, including some pretty tasty short ribs and some Chinese-style salt & pepper chicken wings. As you can probably guess, I stuffed myself silly with it.

On the way back to the apartment, I had myself a little driving adventure. Almost 90% of the time, I usually take I-5 straight back, but for some reason, I took I-405 to 520. Not a good move. Turns out the 520 bridge to Seattle is closed for the whole weekend, so I had to drive back down I-405 to the I-90 junction. I wasn't in a hurry or anything, but just the fact that I had to turn around annoyed me a lot. Ironically, throughout this whole period of "waiting" in my life, I find that on certain days, my fuse is just a whole lot shorter. Maybe it's my allergies, maybe it's pent-up aggression... who knows. Hopefully I won't find myself blowing up at some poor bastard's stupid little quirks, like a grocery clerk or some random guy on the street... heh

Songs that are speaking to me:

G-Dep f/Faith Evans "Everyday"
The Kry "Take My Hand"

  |


Comments: Post a Comment

in?scrip?tion (n-skrip-shun)n.
1. The act or an instance of inscribing.
2. Something, such as the wording on a coin, medal, monument, or seal, that is inscribed.
3. A short, signed message in a book or on a photograph given as a gift.
4. The usually informal dedication of an artistic work.
5. Jeremiah 31:33

the facts.
name. Gar AKA "that Chinese guy" "Sleepy.McSleeping"
ethnicity/nationality. Chinese/American, 4th gen.
location. Sea-Town, WA, USA Kawanishi, JAPAN
occupation. less-cynical poor grad student
age. younger than you think, older than you know

 



 

[contact]
UnseenGC @ AIM
(myname) @ gmail.com

 

 

[ARCHIVES]
main listing

[memories]
i - ii - iii - iv - v

  This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours? Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com Creative Commons License