Wednesday, June 19, 2002
Back in the Maplewood 'hood...

Well, I'm back in my apartment after a few days of visiting my Mom. This past Father's Day weekend was an OK time at home, though most of its best moments were spent out of the house.

I went to Josh's graduation for his Masters of Professional Accounting this past Saturday evening with his GF Val and his parents. Though the ceremony itself was non-descript, it did have a free bar afterwards... heh. Actually, I enjoyed going to support Josh. Looking back at my own decision to not go to my graduation ceremony, I can see that I probably should have considered my family and friends. I think my Mom was a little disappointed I didn't walk, but oh well... we're having a "get together" to celebrate my graduation later in a few weeks. In a way though, the going to Josh's ceremony gave me a sense of closure as well too... Josh and I entered the UW the same year, and now hey... we're graduating from it together now too. Good stuff.

In other random news, I saw something disturbing on the local news this past night (Tuesday night). Apparently some white d00d threatened the "Real Change" man by Roosevelt Safeway (AKA ghetto Safeway) with a hand grenade. When Safeway security attempted to confront the guy, he ran off. How messed up is that? That old "Real Change" guy is one of the nicest people around, practically a fixture of the U-District. Sad that somebody would threaten him.

  |


Comments: Post a Comment

in?scrip?tion (n-skrip-shun)n.
1. The act or an instance of inscribing.
2. Something, such as the wording on a coin, medal, monument, or seal, that is inscribed.
3. A short, signed message in a book or on a photograph given as a gift.
4. The usually informal dedication of an artistic work.
5. Jeremiah 31:33

the facts.
name. Gar AKA "that Chinese guy" "Sleepy.McSleeping"
ethnicity/nationality. Chinese/American, 4th gen.
location. Sea-Town, WA, USA Kawanishi, JAPAN
occupation. less-cynical poor grad student
age. younger than you think, older than you know

 



 

[contact]
UnseenGC @ AIM
(myname) @ gmail.com

 

 

[ARCHIVES]
main listing

[memories]
i - ii - iii - iv - v

  This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours? Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com Creative Commons License