Sunday, March 31, 2002
The eternal quad "F" of contemporary Asian American Christian life: Faith, Family, Fellowship, Fun... lots of it these past few days.

Saturday night after AWANA was pretty fun... the old crew of Josh, Chris, and I went out to Jillian's to hang out and shoot pool. Did I mention we each had a female companion? I suppose it's no great mystery who Josh and I brought... as for Chris, you'll have to ask him yourself, heh. It was a lot of fun getting everybody together, even if we had tolerate Fong trash talking... not that it mattered, *cough*. After some competitive rounds of good 'ol "Cut-throat", I'm proud to say Shiv and I emerged victorious with 3 games under our belts. Wh00t! Not to mention the fun of playing the arcade games downstairs... I got whooped in Pop-Shot (Shiv) and videogame racing (Josh). To some up what I always tell my AWANA kids... "Everybody's a winner!" hahahaah =)

Today of course is Easter Sunday as well, and March 31st. Besides the usual brunch (Shiv came over again to eat with the fam), Easter for me always seems to mark an end to a season of reflection in my life. It shouldn't surprise me then that ironically, this month would contribute another milestone in my life in graduating from college. Add to the list of other important events surrounding Easter like my baptism, my father's death and his birthday. I didn't think much of it, but today, my father would have been 57. Happy Birthday, Dad.

But I digress... today's sermon didn't speak that much too me, but for some reason I was drawn to read the following passage during my spare time:

"You see, at just the right time, when we were still powerless, Christ died for the ungodly. Very rarely will anyone die for a righteous man, though for a good man someone might possibly dare to die. But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us.
Since we have now been justified by his blood, how much more shall we be saved from God's wrath through him! For if, when we were God's enemies, we were reconciled to him through the death of his Son, how much more, having been reconciled, shall we be saved through his life! Not only is this so, but we also rejoice in God through our Lord Jesus Christ, through whom we have now received reconciliation." Romans 5:6-11


Christ died and lived, so we can live... what a simple and marvelous truth I too often forget to meditate on. Praise God!

  |


Comments: Post a Comment

in?scrip?tion (n-skrip-shun)n.
1. The act or an instance of inscribing.
2. Something, such as the wording on a coin, medal, monument, or seal, that is inscribed.
3. A short, signed message in a book or on a photograph given as a gift.
4. The usually informal dedication of an artistic work.
5. Jeremiah 31:33

the facts.
name. Gar AKA "that Chinese guy" "Sleepy.McSleeping"
ethnicity/nationality. Chinese/American, 4th gen.
location. Sea-Town, WA, USA Kawanishi, JAPAN
occupation. less-cynical poor grad student
age. younger than you think, older than you know

 



 

[contact]
UnseenGC @ AIM
(myname) @ gmail.com

 

 

[ARCHIVES]
main listing

[memories]
i - ii - iii - iv - v

  This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours? Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com Creative Commons License