Wednesday, February 27, 2002
Poverty sucks.

Payday came and went on Monday, but I can't say I have anything in the way of money... more bills + less hours to work = broke Garrett. At least I figured out what I'll be giving up for Lent... any sort of positive balance in all monetary accounts in my name.

And with no prospect of gainful employment looming in the horizon, things look as grim as ever. I'm sure that there's some sort of valuable spiritual lesson to be learned in the midst of all of this, but my Protestant work ethic urges seem to be groaning otherwise.

Oh well... =(

Here's an allegorical illustration about my struggle with the economy right now. A lot of bravery in the face of a dumb juggernaut, but ultimately, I'm probably destined to look foolish as this kid before my existence is reduced to meat sauce.

  |


Comments: Post a Comment

in?scrip?tion (n-skrip-shun)n.
1. The act or an instance of inscribing.
2. Something, such as the wording on a coin, medal, monument, or seal, that is inscribed.
3. A short, signed message in a book or on a photograph given as a gift.
4. The usually informal dedication of an artistic work.
5. Jeremiah 31:33

the facts.
name. Gar AKA "that Chinese guy" "Sleepy.McSleeping"
ethnicity/nationality. Chinese/American, 4th gen.
location. Sea-Town, WA, USA Kawanishi, JAPAN
occupation. less-cynical poor grad student
age. younger than you think, older than you know

 



 

[contact]
UnseenGC @ AIM
(myname) @ gmail.com

 

 

[ARCHIVES]
main listing

[memories]
i - ii - iii - iv - v

  This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours? Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com Creative Commons License