Tuesday, December 11, 2001
Change...

In the odd moments of clarity in my life, I find I always need to change something about myself. Not change in the sense that I want to don some superficial personality trait, or heaven help me, style or trend, but there are times where I feel the need to change like a tree feels the need to stretch out a new limb to the sky or dig into the earth with another root. The change I find that I desire is growth, a movement toward maturity, wisdom, and all that other good stuff.

So if the desire to change comes so easily, why is it so hard to do?

You'd think that as human beings, it'd be easy. After all, isn't the ability to change one of the hallmarks of humanity, one of things that sets us apart from the poo-fling'n chimps and tree hugging sloths?

No real answers today, just questions... though a piece of Scripture does come to mind...

Matthew 26:41M
"...the spirit is willing, but the flesh is weak."

  |


Comments: Post a Comment

in?scrip?tion (n-skrip-shun)n.
1. The act or an instance of inscribing.
2. Something, such as the wording on a coin, medal, monument, or seal, that is inscribed.
3. A short, signed message in a book or on a photograph given as a gift.
4. The usually informal dedication of an artistic work.
5. Jeremiah 31:33

the facts.
name. Gar AKA "that Chinese guy" "Sleepy.McSleeping"
ethnicity/nationality. Chinese/American, 4th gen.
location. Sea-Town, WA, USA Kawanishi, JAPAN
occupation. less-cynical poor grad student
age. younger than you think, older than you know

 



 

[contact]
UnseenGC @ AIM
(myname) @ gmail.com

 

 

[ARCHIVES]
main listing

[memories]
i - ii - iii - iv - v

  This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours? Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com Creative Commons License